Friday, July 10, 2009

Yes there's a chance that I've fallen quite hard over you

Just some randomness, with a couple Ari stories mixed in...


The sandals I'm wearing today are trying their darnedest to give me a blister between my big toe and the one next to it on my right foot. And, no, they're not new--they are plenty broken in. This is the third pair of not-new shoes lately that have attacked my feet. I don't know why they're deciding to blister me up lately, but I am not happy about it.


My brother spent the weekend with us last weekend, and he took home my copy of Season 1 of "Pushing Daisies." He and I have talked about the show in the past, and I've hyped it up to him, assuring him he would love it. Well, he called me a couple nights ago specifically to tell me he'd watched the first 3 episodes and was totally hooked. This made me so happy. And of course, a little sad, since the show's been cancelled. I still need to watch the series finale, which is waiting patiently for me on my DVR.


Special K was on sale last time we were at the store, so I grabbed a box of the new Cinnamon Pecan variety, and I am in love. So yummy... and good for me, too!

See, I can be in love with healthy foods. I'm not ALL about the brownies and donuts and Pop Tarts and Twizzlers and... crap. Now I'm hungry. And not for Special K. This is all your fault.


Our church has been doing a Vacation Bible School program for the kids this week. If you don't know what that means, it's basically a week-long program for kids, a couple hours each evening, where they do crafts, sing songs, play games, have a Bible lesson, etc. Normally, it's meant for school-age kids, grades K-6. But since our church recently started up a preschool Sunday school class for 3- to 5-year-olds, they decided to hold that class during VBS... which means my 3-year-old Ari is a part of VBS. This is really weirding me out for some reason... I guess because I figured I had 2 more years before she started doing school-ish stuff like this? She came home on Monday night all lit up and babbling about everything she did, proudly showing me her craft and her coloring pages and her bag of candy, and I got a little choked up.

I mean, you all know me... I've never been one to get all weepy at her milestones and sob about how she's growing up so fast, but for some reason, this VBS thing is making my heart twinge just a little. Maybe it's because it just seems like, lately, she's growing up so rapidly. I don't know. But I'd better get used to it, right?


Speaking of her... I was leaving for work a couple days ago, and Ari was already up, snuggled in on my side of the bed and watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. I was running late (as usual), so I flew into the room and popped a quick kiss on her forehead. Her eyes were fixed on the TV, and I was sure she hadn't even noticed the kiss. But as I turned away, she said, "And a hug too!" When I turned back around, she already had her arms outstretched for me. And as I hugged her, she added, "I love you."

Talk about making it hard for me to leave her...


I am obviously in a sappy mood today, huh? Sorry. One more thing, then I'm done, I promise.


I've got a new favorite song... one that I heard in a cell phone commercial. Until today, I'd only ever heard the first few lines, just in the commercial...

I think that possibly, maybe I'm falling for you.
Yes there's a chance that I've fallen quite hard over you.
I've seen the paths that your eyes wander down,
I want to come too.


So I looked it up on YouTube, listened to the whole thing, and I love it even more now. (Embedding was disabled on the "official" video [why do they do that?], so the video may seem random, but the music is the real song.)

2 comments:

Mary said...

So, he's in love with a coffee shop? Sounds like it'd be Dave's theme song. That is, if he's still into coffee, which I think he is.

You know, Josh doesn't like Kristin Chenoweth as much as we do. I think it's her speaking voice.

Yeah, look at you being all sappy. That's ok, you're allowed to be once in a while. But yeah, Ari going to VBS already does make her seem to be growing up even faster.

Moz + Pam said...

Enjoy Ari while she's still home! She'll be going to school before you know it!