Sunday, July 26, 2009

"The library is fun! Books are fun!"

Weekend highlights...

* Tony had a big errand to run on Saturday, so it was kind of a girls' day for me and Ari. And she was an angel.

* Took Ari to the library. At one point, she declared, "The library is fun! Books are fun!" Which may be about the coolest thing she's ever said to me.

* Among Ari's random book choices was a book about "Josh Gibson, baseball's greatest home run hitter." Tony was so proud.

* Got home from the library, and Ari insisted that I read her one of her books before she ate lunch. She made me read it twice, laying her head on my chest the second time through. *melts*

* Note to self: Must take Ari to the library much more often.

* Had dinner at my parents' on Saturday night, with Mahmon Bazorg, and Dave, Jess, and Micah. Micah and Ari are way too cute together.

* Got a few pictures. See?





* Got a nap this afternoon, while Ari napped. Bliss.

* Ari didn't want to go to sleep tonight, and at one point, sadly told Tony, "I want to stay up with you guys. I miss you and Mommy." Little heartbreaker.

* Short workweek this week--just Monday through Thursday and then VACATION. Cannot wait.

3 comments:

Moz + Pam said...

We can't wait to vacation with you either!! First time we're vacationing with grandkids!! :)

Mary said...

Aw, she wanted to stay up cause she missed you guys? How sweet! And utterly sneaky. It'd be hard to say no to that :)

The library has never been one of my favorite places. I always have trouble finding what I'm looking for.

Whoo-hoo for vacation!

Steve and Eden said...

Library is fun!

Love the pics of the kids with Mahmon Bazorg!

Have a fun time on vacation!