Sunday, July 5, 2009

Lovely, never ever change

From this...


(Birth Day--July 3, 2006)

..to this...


(1st birthday)

...to this...


(2nd birthday)

...to this.


(3rd birthday)

Her birthday party was today. Many, many more pictures to come.

When I put her to bed tonight, I asked her what she wanted me to sing, expecting her to say she didn't want me to sing. Instead, she laid her head on my shoulder, thought for a moment, and then said, "Someday" (known to the rest of the world as "The Way You Look Tonight").

That's "our" song. I can't remember the last time she asked for it.

The tears finally came as I sang the words "Lovely, never ever change, keep that breathless charm..."

I'm not entirely sure how I finished the song, to be honest.

Bedtime for me. Picture entry tomorrow.

3 comments:

Mary said...

Wow, she's changed so much, yet still looks the same, you know? Looking forward to pics. Glad everything went well!

dave + jess said...

she's such a big girl, sara. she looked so old playing with all her friends yesterday!

Moz + Pam said...

Wow! She's certainly changed over the years! Cherish the moments, they pass all too quickly! ENJOY!