Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Talkin' 'bout my generation

We went to my parents' house for dinner last night, to spend some time with my Mahmon Bazorg (my dad's mom from Iran). Dave, Jess and Micah joined us too, so I got several sweet shots of Ari and Micah playing together.

She is really good about sharing her toys, and I love that. Here, she was pulling the beads apart and handing them to Micah one by one. (Man, she looks like a giant next to him...)



She spent half the night, it seemed, crawling around on the floor, just to be on Micah's level. (She also kept calling for him to follow her, and didn't seem to understand that he moves a bit slower than she does.) Here, she's giving him a kiss.



Micah is getting so big... he's crawling all over the place and pulling up on everything, and he's only 7 months old. I like this shot, although I think she was kind of taunting him that she was up on the table and he wasn't.



I got this shot as she was running out of the corner from playing peekaboo. I wish I could get her to smile like that on cue... but then again, there's nothing like a candid, genuine smile.



She loves to play the piano.



This is Ari refusing to take a picture with Grampa... but it came out pretty cute anyway.



I tried to get a good picture of Ari and Mahmon Bazorg together, and this was the best one, even though it's not that great. The colors are weird because I tried editing it to adjust the lighting on Ari's face, which was really washed-out by the flash. I obviously lack photo-editing skills. And good photo-editing software. Yeh, we'll blame the lack of software.



Jess came up with this idea, and I thought it was great--to get a shot of the 4 generations. We made a couple attempts...



I love Mahmon's and Ari's smiles in this one... if only Ari wasn't blocking Dad's head. I wish there were a way for me to combine the 2 pictures somehow. Oh well.



And that's that.

4 comments:

Mary said...

Aww, looks like fun. Wish we coulda been there. That one where Ari's on the table is cute. I'm sure Micah would be right up there with her if he could. What am I saying? Give him a few weeks, and he'll be there :)

Steve and Eden said...

Love all the pics!!! Great times!

dave + jess said...

ha, ha, very funny, mary!

we had a lot of fun last night! mahmon bazorg is so sweet. she's really good with communicating even though she doesn't speak a lot of english.

thanks for all the great photos you took and sent. much appreciated!

Moz + Pam said...

Loved the pics! So much fun to have 4 generations in the same house! Those pics you'll treasure someday!