Friday, April 17, 2009

You'd be cooler if you were me

^ Hey, don't hate. That's just what my Happy Bunny calendar page of the day says, and I had nothing better for a title. Anyway, this entry is just another random, rambly entry...


It's going to be another good Friday... today is forecast to be the warmest day of 2009 so far, with highs in the low 70s. I'm loving my outfit today, too... I'm wearing jeans and sandals, and this shirt...



...except that I'm wearing the scarf as a belt. And minus the scarf and shoes, this is the exact outfit I wore for my big day alone in New York City a couple weeks ago. Ahh, happy memories.


It's my boss's birthday today, and she brought in her famous homemade key lime pie. I am almost drooling just thinking about it. I told her that key lime pie sounded like a perfect breakfast food (I mean, it's FRUIT, after all), but she just laughed as though I was joking. Anyway, the pie is out now, and I'm about ready to dive in.


Tonight we're going out to dinner with a few friends, and we have a babysitter all lined up for Ari, so that should be fun. It's a belated Christmas gift from one of the couples we're going with--they like to take us out to dinner as their gift to us, and who are we to protest? I'm definitely looking forward to some adult time.


I've come home to an empty house the past 2 days in a row, so I took advantage of that fact to go for a mile-long walk all by myself each evening (just around the apartment complex). I am loving being able to walk outside again. Sure, I have the Gazelle in our room to work out with when it's cold and crappy, but nothing beats walking in the fresh air, feeling the breeze on your bare skin and the sun on your face and the burn in your legs as you pick up speed. This glorious weather has done wonders for my mood and state of mind lately. I heart spring.


What else can I ramble about? Oh... FYI, jelly that comes in a squeeze bottle tastes different than the jelly that comes in a jar. Why is that? Do they do something weird to it to make it more squeezable? Anyway, me no likes. I'll be buying the old-fashioned jar kind next time.


I made a startling discovery when watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse the other day with Ari. See, I grew up on the classic Disney cartoons, so all these characters are familiar to me. If you know the show/characters, you'll know who Pete is--Mickey's part-time nemesis. (I say "part-time" because sometimes he's their nemesis, and sometimes he seems like he's their friend. But that's a whole other tangent.) Anyway, here's the discovery... are you ready for this? Pete is... a CAT. Yes, a cat. All this time, I thought for sure he was a dog, but it turns out, he's a cat.

And how do I know this? Because in the episode I was watching, he was chasing Mickey and friends, and they consulted their Mouskatools to find something to slow him down. All that was left was a ball of yarn, and Daisy said, "Will a ball of yarn slow down a cat?" *insert pause for kids to to answer* "Yes, it will!" And they tossed said ball of yarn at Pete, who got down on all fours, and started batting at it and playing with it.

I'm a little unnerved and mind-blown by this revelation. And yes, I'm aware how sad that is.


Hmm. I slipped getting into the shower last night and banged up my shin. I knew the tub was going to be slippery because Tony had sprayed it down with that Scrubbing Bubbles stuff, so I put down Ari's bathmat, feeling all smart. Problem was, the bathmat itself slid as I stepped in, and wham--my shin met the side of the tub in a rather unpleasant way. As of right now, there's a lump under the skin and it's just starting to turn blue. Is it weird that I'm looking forward to seeing how this bruise turns out? ...What? Bruises are cool.


And with that, I shall bid you adieu, and wish you a happy weekend. Until next time...

2 comments:

Mary said...

I like spring too. And I'm looking foward to taking family walks on our sidewalks around our neighborhood. First it has to get a little warmer though. Saturday is supposed to be in the 80s.

Cute shirt and scarf. That would be a good color on you.

Oh my goodness, Pete is a cat? No way! I totally thought he was a dog too! He's got dog ears, doens't he? I am unnerved too.

Take a picture of the bruise. Bruises are interesting :)

Moz + Pam said...

I always thought Pete was a dog, too! Are you SURE he's a cat?