Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter weekend, part 1

I've got a ton of pictures from this weekend, so I'm going to put them in 2 separate entries.

We started celebrating Easter on Saturday morning--Ari got an Easter package from Tony's mom and brother, and since we knew Sunday would be really hectic, we figured it made more sense to let her open it on Saturday. She got a basket full of goodies, plus an outfit and a card. Here, Tony's reading her the card while Ari admires her cash. The expression on her face cracks me up.



Later in the day, it was time to color Easter eggs. Here, we're waiting for the color tablets to dissolve. (And Tony would like me the point out to you how I put the orange tablet in the yellow cup and yellow tablet in the orange cup, and the blue one in the green cup, and so on. Hey, I got the pink one right!)



Tony showed her how to dip the eggs in the dye.



And she was handling it like a pro in no time.



And when she couldn't get the egg with the handy little dipper thingy, she just reached in with her hands...



I asked her to show me her dyed hand--don't you love the smirk? This wasn't the worst it got, though.. by the time we were done, her right hand was stained a lovely shade of greenish-blue. Luckily, after much scrubbing, most of it came off.



Once the eggs were dry, it was time to decorate them--we got a Disney princess egg coloring kit, which came with stickers and a bunch of little cardboard stands to prop the eggs in. Ari, of course, was most interested in the stickers.



I asked her to show me one of her eggs and she turned her head just as I snapped the picture...



And... our finished eggs. Yes, there are only 11... Ari got a little enthusiastic with her stickering and poked a hole in one egg, so Tony ate it. And if you look close, you can see a little dent in the purple egg (which I ate after I took this picture). Also, I should add... I'm not sure who had more fun decorating, Tony or Ari. The top 5 eggs in the picture were decorated by him, and he seemed pretty proud of them. Come to think of it, I was too busy taking pictures to decorate any eggs. Oh well. I will help eat them.



And now to Easter Sunday. I attempted to get a couple pictures of Ari before we left for church, but didn't have much luck, or much time. This was the only decent one I got. And I know, you can't see her whole outfit. Patience, people.



I took this one at church. Just ignore the prissy expression on her face, and instead admire her little outfit. Tony gets full credit for this... he picked out the dress, sweater, and even the shoes. He did a good job, huh?



I got a few shots of Tony and Ari together, and love them all.



But especially these last two...



She is SUCH a Daddy's girl...



And then I posed with her... and we get this face. If this isn't a devious little face, I don't know what is.



And so concludes Part 1. Next entry will be a few more pictures from church, and then pictures from dinner at my parents' in the afternoon.

3 comments:

Mary said...

Ah, she's finally old enough to color Easter eggs! We colored deviled eggs for Easter dinner, and they looked really cool.

Tony did a good job picking out that outfit--it's really pretty. And I love the pics you got of them. So precious!

I forgot to get a pic of Matthew on Easter, but somebody at church did. I'll have to ask her to e-mail it to me.

dave + jess said...

Ari looked to danty in her Easter dress. My mom always bought me an Easter dress with a hat every year. And sometimes gloves, too. Can't do that with boys, though!

Ari looked like she was enjoying dying the eggs. Yana and I were the only ones to do it this year, all the rest were party-poopers!

Tell Ari-girl Auntie Jess is sending her a surprise in the mail. Or maybe you don't want to tell her because she'll bug you incessantly!

Moz + Pam said...

I LOVE Ari's Easter outfit! Good job, Tony! It was fun having you all here. Waiting with baited (sp?) breath for Part 2 of Easter! Those are very sweet Daddy/Little Girl Pics!