Thursday, October 23, 2008

Who can turn the stove on with her smile?

Conversation with Ari (or, The One Where I Fail to Realize that Ari Is Too Young to Get Jokes from the Show Friends)

Me: Hey, Ari, can I have a hug?

Ari: No.

Me: No?

Ari: No!

Me: That's not very nice.

Ari: Mommy's sad!

Me: No, Mommy's not sad--that's just not nice, that's all.

Ari: Mommy's sad!

Me: Nope. Mommy is over it.

Ari: Oh-er it?

Me: Yup, I am over it. And I am over you.

Ari: Oh-er you?

Me: I. Am over. You. And that, my friend, is what they call closure.

(I guess if you've never seen that episode of Friends, that's not really that funny.)

*ahem* Moving on, then...

Hey hey hey, look who figured out a way to swipe the proofs off the JC Penney site. I suppose I should feel guilty about this, but it's not like I'm going to print them out or sell them or anything. I just want to share them with all you lovely people. So without further ado, here are some more poses from the portrait session my mom took Ari to a few weeks ago...

Another collage, which I love...



I love shots like this, when the kid is looking up into the light. Makes me think that she is looking up into the face of God or something. (Yeh, I know that's cheesy.)



I love her eyelashes in this one...



I adore her happy little smile in this one...



Now, this next series of shots... the photographer put them together as a collage on the site, but I swiped the individual shots because they were bigger.







See? So when you put them all together, it writes out "I love you." The thing I love about this series of poses is the way they show off Ari's personality. In the first one, she's posing nicely, giving her fake-ish yeh-I'm-posing-for-a-picture smile. In the 2nd one, she's showing a bit of attitude, refusing to hold the heart and even pushing it away from her. And in the last one, she's holding the "you" and giving off her best cheesy smile. The more I think about it, the more I think I need to order that collage, for those reasons, as well as the fact that it spells out "I love you" and ohmygoshthatissoprecious.

I also have Ari videos, but I'll have to post those later.

3 comments:

Mary said...

Ooh, I like the "I love you" shot too, for all the reasons you pointed out, with her personality showing in different ways.

Yeah, I haven't watched Friends, so the first part you put up isn't very funny to me :)

Steve and Eden said...

Sara, those are beautiful pics of Ari. I love seeing her personality come across in the pics.

You should definitely get the I love you collage. That would make an awesome great grandparents gift for Christmas too.

Looking forward to seeing you guys soon.

dave + jess said...

The "I love you" pictures are such a great idea...get 'em, get 'em...and give me one (collage) :).