Sunday, October 26, 2008

Duh

(The following story is not just based on a true event--it IS a true event. No part of this story has been embellished or exaggerated for comedic effect.)

Just a small, yet typical, example of how disoriented I am when I first wake up in the morning...

As I walked to the bathroom last Monday morning, I noticed Ari's bedroom door was open. Even stranger, the gate was open too. I assumed we must have forgotten to latch the gate shut last night. I peeked into her room, and she wasn't there.

Curious, I trotted downstairs, softly calling her name. I knew if she was awake, she would answer me, or I would hear her shuffling around. There was no reply... and no sign of her little body asleep anywhere.

My last resort was to look in our bedroom--maybe she was asleep on the floor on Tony's side of the bed. But she wasn't there, and now I was really starting to panic.

"Tony," I hissed, grabbing his foot to wake him up. My voice was urgent. "Where is our child?"

He stirred, then replied, in a sleepy, what-the-heck-is-wrong-with-you? voice, "She's at your mom's."

Oh. Right. I knew that.

4 comments:

Mary said...

Ha! Even I knew that before you did! :)

Steve and Eden said...

lol, too funny!

A day in the life of said...

That was too funny! Glad she was somewhere safe.

dave + jess said...

Waking up disoriented must run in your family. Yesterday D woke up telling me that your Twitter account was being suspended due to suspicious activity. After I told him that, no, it was not and that he needed to wake up, he told me, oh, I was just joking... I love you, but you guys are weird!