Thursday, October 11, 2007

This won't do *EDIT*

Tony was out at a meeting last night, and I texted him to ask him to pick up some milk on his way home. He called when he was heading home. "OK, I'll get milk. Anything else?"

Without hesitation, I replied, "Ice cream."

He chuckled. "You're funny."

"No, I'm not funny--I'm hormonal."

He called me from the grocery store to ask me what kind I wanted. Again, without hesitation, I answered, "Chocolate."

"Edy's has a Loaded Chocolate Fudge Brownie... chocolate ice cream, fudge swirls, and brownie pieces."

"Ehh--that might be too much chocolate."

"There's also the Loaded Cookies and Cream."

"Oooh, get that--that way you'll eat it too, which will stop me from eating it all myself."

For the record, I only had a very small bowl last night. And I worked out too, so it's all good. Besides, a girl deserves to indulge herself once a month or so.

But seriously, if you've never tried this stuff, you need to. It's unbelievably light and fluffy and there is just the right amount of cookies--A LOT.



--------------------

Last night was episode 2 of Pushing Daisies, and I am even more in love with this show than I was last week. Because Kristin Chenoweth? She sang last night. And she sang "Hopelessly Devoted to You." And now I... I am hopelessly devoted to this show.

(Or, as Chuck might say, I want to marry this show and have little half-show, half-human babies with it.)

*****EDITED TO ADD...*****

YouTube is the greatest invention ever.



*****END EDIT*****

--------------------

I was playing with Ari last night, and I fished her Belle doll out of the toybox. She eagerly took it from me, and when I said, "Are you going to give Belle a hug?" she squeezed Belle close to her chest. She repeated that several more times, even tilting her head as she did it. I asked her if she could give Belle kisses, and she did that typical toddler open-mouth kiss. I demonstrated for her, by puckering and then opening my mouth, with an exaggerated "mwah." She looked at me curiously, twitching her lip, as though she was trying to figure out how I did it.

Then I opened up my arms and asked her if she had a hug for me. She took a step toward me, came within inches of my fingertips and then, with a devilish glint in her eyes, she turned abruptly and toddled away, giggling to herself. I would have been offended if she wasn't so darn cute.

--------------------

Oh, and the site I was getting all my Jack Handey quotes from? Well, it keeps giving me error messages, and I'm too lazy to use a new site (because typing out this wordy explanation is so much easier), so the Jack Handey QOTD may be on permanent hiatus. Guess I'll have to find some other cutesy gimmick to keep you all coming back.

This means I have to start thinking up my own titles. Hmm. This won't do.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked your own titles better anyway!

Dave + Jess said...

Ari is silly. You should chase her down and give her a hug anyway. That'll teach her! :) Or you could bribe her with something...say...a graham cracker. Baby hugs are only second to David hugs!

Mary said...

That ice cream looks good! Gimme ice cream!! Ok, I'm better now :)

Ari is funny--sounds like she's Tony's kid for sure. I agree with Jess. Chase her down and hug her anyway. I can't wait to hug my own baby!

Ooh, thank you for sharing the YouTube clip! I'm never home to watch that show, because of our church schedule, but it looks really interesting. And I love Kristin Chenoweth and her voice! So unique and pretty. I have a CD of her, did I tell you? I got it at the Christian bookstore, so they're kinda like spiritual-type songs. She's got more of a Broadway voice, in my opinion.