Thursday, October 25, 2007

A little birdhouse in your soul

Last night was another new episode of Pushing Daisies, and I seriously don't think I could love this show more. (And next week, I'll be saying the same thing.) If you're not watching it, you need to be. Go online and check out the pilot (I think ABC has full episodes on their site).

I mean, seriously, look at this picture of the cast. Look how bright and fun and happy and colorful.... Who couldn't use a little more whimsy in their lives?



OK, moving on...

I was getting ready to put Ari to bed last night, and did the same thing I always do right before I put her in her crib--I held her close and sang to her. Usually when we do this, as soon as I say to her, "Are you ready?" she'll lay her head on my shoulder and wait for me to start singing. She did that last night, but then about halfway through the song, she suddenly sat up and pointed at her crib. (I'm sure if the pacifier hadn't been in her mouth, she would have been talking/whining.) I followed her gaze and saw that she was staring at her Belle doll, which was waiting for her inside the crib. I picked Belle up, gave her to Ari, and Ari laid her head back on my shoulder, cuddling Belle. She is really getting attached to that doll. And I know I've been joking about "brainwashing" her to like Belle, but honestly, I haven't really tried to force the doll on her--she's taken a liking to it all on her own. It's not to the point where she has to have it all the time, but if she sees Belle, she wants her.

I finally got around to getting some videos of some of the cute things Ari's been doing lately. So without further ado...

OK, first we have her brushing her hair (with Tony's brush). For some reason, she held really still and stared at the camera for a moment, so I actually got a nice close-up shot of her. But that only lasted a few seconds--for some reason, she turned her back to me, and then walked away. And despite my attempts to get her to come back to me, she was far more interested in what the dogs were doing on the other side of the gate.



She is able to pick things up off the floor now without having to sit down to do it--she can just bend over and pick them up. Here you'll also see her hugging Belle.



In this one, you can hear her say "bye" and see the little wave she does along with it. I swear, she says "bye" with a Southern accent or something. You'll also see her brush her hair (again) and point to her belly (kind of).



New episode of "The Office" tonight!

And I'm done.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! What a little sweetie! Gramma loves you Ari-girl! Hugs & Kisses! Can't wait to see you with your cousin Lyvi!

Eden said...

Oh, Ari is soo cute! Love the videos. She's so cute with Tony's brush and her Belle doll.

Mary said...

When she turns around in the first video, I can really see how thick her hair is getting. I can't tease you about her being bald anymore :)

Let's see, second video... I love how she hugs Belle on demand. I'm sure she's not always that obedient though ;)

And in the third video what I noticed most is that she looks chubby. Not that's she's a huge fat baby or anything, but her pudgy gut sticks out a little, and it's cute. Hey, kinda like her Auntie Mary!! :)

You know, I tried to watch Pushing Daisies last night, and it just didn't interest me. I didn't see if from the beginning, so maybe that's why. Well, it could be that I'm just finicky about TV lately. I get bored fast and have to flip channels. I can no longer get on Josh's case about that now :)

Dave + Jess said...

Cutie, Ari! This is such a fun age, your mom and I were talking about that on Monday. She's so interactive with quite the personality! 37 kisses to the Ari-girl!