Sunday, October 7, 2007

Just pictures and videos, mostly

I don't have a whole lot to say--our weekend so far has been gloriously uneventful, which is everything I dreamed it would be, and more. We slept in on Saturday (thanks to Ari, who also slept until about 9). Tony got up with Ari and let me sleep until about 10, which I needed so much. We spent the rest of the day being lazy before we decided to venture out to the mall, to walk around and let Ari play in the play area.

Today was church, as always, and then we spent the afternoon with Matt, Kristin and Nick. Ari was introduced to Nick's sandbox, and her first reaction was to freak out. But once she got over that, she actually had a good time. We had fun comparing the difference in the way the 2 kids played--Ari stayed in one spot, playing delicately and carefully with the sand, while Nick was all over the place and at one point managed to dump a half a bucket of sand in his own face (while, of course, his mouth was open).

Ari getting used to the sand...



Daring to play with the toys in the sandbox...



Getting the 2 of them to look at the same camera at the same time is nearly impossible...



Starting to get a little bored with the sandbox...



The cure for boredom--eating your sandy foot. (Say it with me now... "Eww!")



A little miffed that we told her that eating her sandy foot was gross...



And a couple videos from the past week or so. In this first one, I was feeding her dinner, and she started playing peekaboo with me on her own, umprompted by me. Of course, by the time I got the camera set up, she was losing interest, so you'll hear me prompting her in this video, but I swear, she started it. Also, you can hear her saying her newest word--"bye-bye." She has this whole thing where she says it with this almost-Southern accent, while waving her hand like a little Southern belle. That's not quite the way she's doing it here, but it's still pretty cute. I'll have to get a video of her saying bye-bye later.



And this video was taken Saturday morning--we all lounged in bed for a while after we all woke up, and when Tony put a music channel on the TV, Ari decided to get down with her bad self. This video is kind of long, but trust me--the longer you watch, the cuter she gets. Who knew she had all these dance moves just waiting to bust out?



And that is all. Our plans for tomorrow? Zip, zilch, nada. Sounds like a perfect day to me.

4 comments:

Dave + Jess said...

Just when I thought she couldn't get any cuter, she goes and learns peek a boo and then learns how to bust some cool moves. She is just too, too cute. Hope we can see her when I come up in a few weekends! Give her 51 kisses in the mean time :)

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwwwwww what an adoreable daughter you have! Love the moves Ari has. It'll be so cute to see my 2 granddaughters dancing together @ Christmas! We have to get a video of that! I love how she plays peek-a-boo now, too! What a fun age!

Mary said...

It's funny, cause Nick looks like such a chubby baby (which is normal of course) and then Ari looks so skinny next to him. There's one pic where her neck looks so thin.

Oh my goodness, those videos were cracking me up! I love in the first one how she lunges toward you all of a sudden. It's like she was trying to scare you or something :) And in the other one, she's so funny! Daddy starts clapping, and she's like, "hey, that's a good idea." I love when she puts her arms over her head. It reminds me of a dance/exercise video. Or maybe she's working on her own rendition of "YMCA." ;)

Eden said...

Oh my! Ari is growing up soo fast and is just too cute!! Love the pics and videos of her!