Monday, October 15, 2007

Autumn traditions

Yesterday, in partial fulfillment of our duties as parents, we took Ari to a local pumpkin patch to observe the autumn traditions of picking your own pumpkin, taking a hayride, and drinking warm apple cider. We met Matt, Kristin and Nick there.

Of course, our first order of business was to plop her in a pile of pumpkins for some pictures.



(Do you love her hoodie as much as I do? It was $4.99 on the clearance rack at The Children's Place.)

And then, a family picture. This was actually Kristin's idea--somehow I'm always so busy getting shots of Ari that I never think to get shots of all 3 of us.



Then we had to get some pictures of Ari and Nick together. Since Matt and Kristin had gotten there before us, Nick had already played in the hay. Ari was a bit more wary. It's like she's thinking, Hey, what are you doing, playing with this weird stuff?



Hmm, OK, this stuff is kind of fun. Look, Mom, I've got hair!



Woo hoo!



Need more hay...



Behold, I have hay! Now, what to do with it...?



I know--I'll stuff it in Nick's hood...



What? No, I did NOT put that hay in Nick's hood...



Of course, picking out a pumpkin was a very careful process. She needed to inspect it carefully...



Mom, there are just too many choices!



The final test was, apparently, a taste test.



All in all, she had a good time. She spent the whole hayride standing on the bale of hay, peeking over the rail to watch the world go by. When we got out at the pumpkin patch, she just wandered all over the place, not caring about the pumpkins. When the hayride was over, we went into the cornstalk maze and then played in the kiddie area. After a couple hours, both she and Nick had had enough. She took a good, long nap when we got home.

But not until she had greeted the dogs.

3 comments:

Eden said...

Oh, Ari is sooo cute in her little hoodie! I love the CP.

The pics are too too cute! I love her innocent look after putting the hay in Nick's hoodie. lol

Olyvia and I missed our PWOC pumpkin outing, but we're planning to go as a family anyway this weekend. lol Then we're going with our big playgroup not this coming Wednesday, but the one following (the 24th, I think). lol

Anonymous said...

Love the hoodie! She looks so cute in it! Love the price, too! I always shop the clearance racks...I LOVE the clearance racks! Pretty much all I shop now as I LOVE a great bargain. Who wants to pay full price anyway? Ari's hair looks red in one of the pics, don't you think? Great family pic, too! Very seasonal.

Mary said...

That first picture is just too adorable! It's like the perfect autumn picture, cause she's cozy in a hoodie, and brown is a great fall color, and she's surrounded by pumpkins, and her smile is so cute :)

Nick's hair looks like it's getting lighter, almost blond.

Eww! Tasting the pumpkin--gross!

We've gone to a corn maze, but we have yet to get a pumpkin. Speaking of, we have our own little pumpkin growing by leaps and bounds :)