Friday, September 28, 2007

Proof that I do, indeed, rule

I just had my annual review with my boss. It was good news all around. I've been promoted from Publishing Proofreader to Senior Publishing Proofreader, which means a fairly significant raise (more than a dollar more per hour) as well as an updated job description and added responsibilities. My boss had many lovely things to say about me--and since this is my blog, it is perfectly acceptable for me to brag on myself, via this excerpt from her review...

Sara has had another outstanding year as a [CompanyName] proofreader. . . . On many occasions this year, Sara has acted as the go-to proofreader for large products or products on aggressive schedules, always proofreading accurately while meeting whatever due dates are set. . . . Regardless of the scale of the product being proofread or the deadline, I can always count on Sara to give the job the attention it needs. . . . In recognition of her outstanding work and the attainment of expertise in our house style and workflows, I am proud to promote Sara to the position of Senior Publishing Proofreader.

Is it at all ironic that the first thing I'm doing after listening to her tell me what a fabulous worker I am is hopping online and writing in my blog?

That's all for now--I'm off to splurge on a candy bar from the vending machine, to celebrate my awesomeness.

(Perhaps I should have entitled my self-evaluation "Why I Rule" after all.)

OK, OK, I'm going now. Don't worry--I'll get over this soon enough. Just let me bask in my own glory for a few more minutes.

4 comments:

Mary said...

Congratulations, Sara! What an accomplishment. She said very nice things about you, and raises are very cool. Josh says you're a nerd (he's silly). But he also said good job too :). Way to go, my favorite sister, who's better than a blister ;)

Dave + Jess said...

You DO rule!! I knew it all along, I've just been giving you a hard time for these 27 or so years. Hehehe...
Dave

Anonymous said...

WOO HOO!! Way to go Sara! We're so proud of you! We know you are a hard-worker & now your boss knows, too & she's rewarded you! Congratulations on both your promotion & your pay raise! Keep up the good work! We love you & are so proud of you, too!!

Dave + Jess said...

Congrats on a job well done, Sara! Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!
Jess :)