Thursday, September 13, 2007

Boxing is like a ballet

I have to start out by saying thanks to everyone for caring so much about my jaw. I wasn't digging for sympathy with my "I'm aware that I'm the only one who cares" comment--I just felt like I'd been going on and on and on about it, and that you all were probably thinking, "OK, enough about your stupid jaw already." How foolish of me to underestimate all of you. I will be sure, from now on, to give you regular, detailed updates on the condition of my jaw. *ignores collective groan*

--------------------

I made chocolate chip muffins last night--the package was supposed to make 6, but I managed to get 8 out of it. So I ate 2 of them last night, completely guilt-free. After all, those 2 extra ones were never supposed to exist--therefore, they had no calories or fat, right? I hope I haven't messed up the time-space continuum or anything.

For dinner last night, I had a brownie, topped with Edy's Loaded Cookies and Cream ice cream. And I don't even care. I'd do it again tonight, except we're out of ice cream. I can't imagine how it disappeared so quickly.

--------------------

Tony and I spent way too much time last night discussing Big Brother--him watching the live feeds and checking message boards and me asking him questions about how the game is played. I also informed him that he can never again make fun of me for any of my reality show addictions. I'm glad this show is almost over, because it is truly unhealthy to care so much about the lives of strangers--and some not-so-nice strangers, to boot.

"To boot"--what does that even mean?

--------------------

I caught a few minutes of Letterman last night, where he was interviewing Viggo Mortensen. I glanced at the screen, saw Viggo, and said to Tony, "Holy crap, he's tiny!"

He looked at me oddly. "Um... yeah? You didn't know that?"

"No--I just kind of imagined him being really tall and burly. Look at him--he's this big!" I held my finger and thumb about an inch apart to demonstrate my point.

Tony laughed. "Didn't you notice him in Lord of the Rings?"

"That's exactly why I thought he was big--he was this big important character. Didn't he end up being the king or something? So I just kind of assumed he was a big guy."

"Dude, he was shorter than Liv Tyler!"

"Yeah, well, I didn't pay that much attention to those movies."

Anyway, that wasn't the main point of this story. As the interview went on, Viggo told a story about a tattoo on his wrist. He said when his son Henry was first learning to write his name, he used to write H's everywhere, because he was so proud of his new ability. Viggo said he used to write on him--he joked that it was either him, or the walls. But then he added that one day, he had an idea--so he went to a tattoo parlor and had them tattoo over where his son had written an H, so he would forever remember that stage in his son's life. Tell me that is not the coolest idea for a tattoo ever.

--------------------

This morning was one of those brisk, chilly mornings that reminds you fall is almost here. I loaded up the car with my stuff and Ari's stuff, then debated starting the car to warm it up for us. We got a note from our management office a week or so ago, telling us that there had been several reports of car buglaries (not sure if the whole car was being stolen, or if things were being removed from the cars), and that they were aware of it, and had the local police department working with them, blah blah blah. So needless to say (but I'm going to say it anyway), I'm much more hesitant to start my car in the mornings and leave it unattended. Which is really going to suck once winter gets here. It makes me both sad and angry to think that we live in a world where you can't even leave your car running for 5 minutes without worrying that someone is going to steal it.

(And before you suggest it, let me stop you--it's not worth it to put an automatic starter in my 9 1/2-year-old, over-199,000-miles car.)

--------------------

One of my co-workers came in this morning, complaining about her 2 kittens, who playfully attacked her this morning, leaving scratches all over her hands. I told her if it would help, I had Disney Princess band-aids she could have, and her face lit up. See, I'm not the only one who realizes that sometimes a kiddie band-aid really can make a boo-boo all better.

--------------------

Another co-worker stopped me in the hall the other day specifically to tell me that it looks like I'm back to my pre-baby weight. Though I told her that I'm still about 5 frustrating pounds away, it still made my day. I wasn't even wearing one of my skinny outfits.

--------------------

I was cleaning my desk a little today--sorting through old birthday card from co-workers and that sort of thing--when I came across this card from Tony. There's no date on it, but I'm sure it's well over a year old--maybe even 2 years or more.

To my most precious gift!

You, Sara, are my soulmate, my best friend, my beautiful princess, my lover, my sexy sweetheart, my one and only, my wonderful wife, and my love. With all my heart, truly, madly, and deeply, I am in love with you!

Tony


I so needed that today.

--------------------

Jack Handey QOTD:

To me, boxing is like a ballet, except there's no music, no choreography, and the dancers hit each other.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Sara, ice cream for dinner? How could you! Weren't you just blogging the other day about setting up good eating habits for Ari. That girl's gonna be an ice cream addict before she goes to kindergarten! ;)

That is a cool reason to get a tattoo, but I still wouldn't do it. Looks too painful!

Our weather's gotten a little cooler, but not to wear I'd be tempted to warm up the car before getting in. We're a ways from that, sadly :(. But it will come, and I can't wait! I love fall :)

Kiddie band-aids are awesome.

Anonymous said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWW Tony's definitely a keeper!