Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Pictures of most of the rest of the house

OK, ready for more house pictures? Good.

(Pictures of Ari's room are in the previous entry, if you missed them.)

Here's a picture of the outside again, because it's just so pretty. Oh, and that reminds me... I didn't take any pictures of that little sunroom off to the right. There's not much to see, really, and all that's in there are a few miscellaneous outdoor things, like Ari's wagon. Anyway...



When you walk in the front door, the living room is to your left...



View from the opposite side of the room... (The owners left that area rug for us--matches perfectly, no?)



The only thing left to be done in this room is hanging pictures and curtains.

When you go through the living room, on the left is the office... (Please excuse Ari's crazy eyes--I couldn't fix them in my photo-editing program.)



Another view...



Obviously the shelves need a little organization. And we could use some curtains as well (though it's on the side/back of the house, so it's not as much of a priority.) There's also a huge bookcase in there, but it's in dire need of some organization as well, so I didn't take a picture of it.

When you leave the office and head down the hall, you come to the downstairs bathroom (a full bath)... (Yes, Ari insisted on being in these pictures.)



You like the curtains? A friend of the family made them for me years ago, for the window in my classroom, and I almost got rid of them, thinking I would never use them again. But lo and behold, they matched this bathroom perfectly AND fit the window.

Side note: we didn't do any painting in the house. The colors that were already there were all fine with us, and even matched all the stuff we already had. We could paint if we wanted to, but we don't need to.

Then past the bathroom is the kitchen...



Another view (notice the fridge is already covered with Ari's magnets)...



Those 2 little white cabinets on the right used to be in our bathroom, but we didn't need them for storage here. So they became a small pantry.

I didn't take any pictures of the dining room, since that's the "staging area" right now for all the boxes we still need to go through. And there's really not much in there--just a table and chairs and a big bookcase.

OK, let's head upstairs. But before we do, Ari wants to pose near the messiest spot in the house. And of course this is the moment she gives me her best smile.



All right, upstairs. On the left is our bedroom. This is the view as you first look in the door. This is the only room where the walls don't match perfectly--they're the same pale green as Ari's room, and our bedspread is obviously not green. But they don't clash horribly either, so we won't bother painting.



And looking off to the left, our dressers. (I'll let you guess whose is whose.)



The only other thing in the room is the closet, which is boring (and small--Tony's clothes are all in the closet downstairs in the office because there was no room up here).

Then the upstairs bathroom... looking off to the left... You can't really see the color in these pics, but it's a nice sunny yellow--which coordinates nicely with the bathroom accessories we already had.



Another angle... (I'll go right ahead and confess that I need a stool to reach that top shelf... and I almost need to stand on my tiptoes to reach the lower one.)



And the shower curtain and the curtain on the window. Yes, this is the only room we have curtains in, because there were no blinds or shades or anything to cover that window. The only way you could really see in would be if you were standing in our backyard, but still. Putting up a curtain was a priority.



Speaking of the backyard... We're hoping to put in an invisible fence for the dogs, so for now, they are on leashes.



And the best part of all (at least, in a certain 3-year-old's opinion)... the swingset! She loves this thing. She's a little wary of the ladder on the back (Tony's going to install a couple handles to help her when she gets to the top), and she's not too sure about the slide (it's a little fast for her taste), but she loves the swings. She is just learning how to propel herself on the swings, too, which is so cute. Hmm, I think I took a video of her on the swings. I'll have to look for that later.



And that's all. Oh, wait, one last picture...



If I remember, I'll post pics of the dining room once it's cleared out. My parents are coming over for lunch on Saturday, so hopefully that will motivate us to get it done. All that's really left to be done is the finishing touches--putting pictures on the walls, getting curtains (for at least the living and dining room for now, since they're on the front of the house), and filling in the bookcases in the office and dining room. Oh, then we'll need to reorganize all the crap that got relocated to the basement, but that will get done eventually. At least the main living portion of the house is almost done. I'm really impressed with us, and how quickly we've gotten unpacked. And yes, in case you're wondering, I love love LOVE this house.

5 comments:

Moz + Pam said...

We can't wait to see the house all set up on Saturday! I'm impressed with how much you've got done already! Good job!

Steve and Eden said...

Looks awesome!!!!

Unknown said...

Spacify has a collection of Area Rugs with an array of modern designs. Each has its own great look that will find a way to enhance your home.

Mary said...

I like the two different colors in the kitchen, and I like the bathroom colors, too. Everything looks totally cool, dude! Ari's playset is similar to Matthew's. Although, how different can playsets be, right? I'm sure Sasha and Ivan will be glad for the future invisible fence so they can have all that room to run around.

It's good that you don't need to paint stuff, unless you want to. Can I tell you that paint is pretty darn expensive? Yeah, it is.

I think you are more unpacked than we were when we first moved in. I guess we are slowpokes :)

dave + jess said...

Beautiful house, you guys!!! I'm glad you are enjoying all the space, what a different from apartment-living! I'm going through every room in our house getting rid of/repurposing things, so I kind of feel like we did when we just moved in...not something I really want to relive, but I'll be happy with the results!