Friday, October 9, 2009

"Buy curtains please"


Anyone else here a fan of www.passiveaggressivenotes.com? I was just there a few days ago, and this particular one cracked me up...



If you can't read it, it says: "Attention: I want to let you know to be more private with yourself in your apartment. If not I have 2 call the police. But I'm sorry but if I see it the next time I will call it. BUY CURTAINS PLEASE."

(Why is it that the people who write these kinds of notes have the most horrendous grammar?)

Anyway, it made me laugh because of all the curtainless windows we have in our house. I'm hoping we can get curtains soon--at least for the living room, if nothing else. It drives me CRAZY to have those windows wide open like that, especially at night, when people can see in and you can't see out.


I heard yesterday that there are plans underway for a Titanic Memorial Cruise, and of course I had to check it out. Tickets are on sale now, and the ship will sail in 2012, the 100-year anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic. It will follow the same path as the original ship, pausing at the spot it sank for a memorial service, stopping in Halifax, Nova Scotia (where many of the victims are buried), and ending in New York, the Titanic's original final destination.

I get that this is meant to be a memorial and a tribute to the original ship and its tragic story, but am I the only one who finds this a bit creepy? And maybe a bit too much like tempting fate? I think I would be nervous for the entire cruise, and would spend my time counting lifeboats and watching for icebergs.


Ari's new swingset (well, she calls it a "play area") has a sandbox, and my brilliant child has figured out that she can make "snow angels" in the sand. Which of course leaves her caked with sand from her feet up to her curly head of hair. Which is just... ew. I mean, sand is fine at the beach, but I'm not liking the idea of her tracking it all over the house. I need to just get over myself, because she loves that silly sandbox, and she's a kid and she's supposed to get dirty, but still. I am not a big fan of dirt, in general.


I can't even talk about "Glee" or "The Office" because I'm sure I'll unintentionally spoil something. But they were both rather excellent episodes. (And now there's a certain YouTube video I need to look up.) And "Community" was great too. And "Parks and Recreation" is definitely growing on me. And "30 Rock" returns next week!

Oh, and fellow gleeks (AKA "Glee" fans), FYI... the soundtrack, volume 1, is being released on November 3. I know what I'm adding to my birthday wishlist.


All this TV talk. I swear I have a life, honest.


We swiped my parents' treadmill when we moved--they don't really use it, and we finally had room for it. I've been working out on it lately, and I love it. Mostly because I can read as I walk. Can't do that with the Gazelle, unless I want to get beaten up by the swinging handlebar-things. So I get to exercise my body and my brain at the same time--win-win.


Wow, I haven't yet talked about food. That's got to be, like, a record or something. Aren't you proud of me?


Target was out of my usual body wash the other day, so I grabbed a bottle of St. Ives Oatmeal and Shea Butter body wash. And ooh baby, I love it. This might become my new "usual." Don't know why I've never tried it before--as a general rule, I really like St. Ives stuff. Their apricot facial scrub is a long-time fave of mine.


Ari was looking at some of the pictures I've put up, and when she saw one from our wedding day, she declared, "Oh, look, there's Mommy all dressed up like an angel!" A little while later, she saw another wedding picture in our bedroom and said I was dressed up like a ballerina. Either way, it's sweet.


Ari was in our room last night, and she spotted a big fake rose on my dresser...

Ari: Mommy, who gave you that flower?
Me: My friend Dawn.
Ari: Why did she give it to you?
Me: Because she likes me.
Ari: Why does she like you?
Me: I have no idea.

2 comments:

Moz + Pam said...

I think it's like tempting fate, too! Ever since the Titanic collided with the fatal iceburg cruise ships have been going a more southerly route! They do that for a REASON...HELLO! I know I wouldn't want to go the EXACT same route in April!

Mary said...

Yeah, I would so not go on a Titanic cruise. I'm not superstitious, but it's just weird.

Ooh, now you have a treadmill and a gazelle. Look at you. You should make a workout video.

I haven't seen Glee. Haven't even seen commercials. I guess I should make an effort to see when it's on and watch it, since you told me I might like it. And anyway, I like KC, so it can't be all bad.