Monday, October 5, 2009

Ari's new room

Drum roll, please... we have pictures!

I'll start with Ari's room, since that might just be my favorite room. I told Tony today that I want to kick her out of it so I can live in it.

What you see when you first walk in the door... her dresser and her big-girl bed...



Looking off to the right... her toy box, the rocking chair, and the bookcase with her huge collection of books...



The gable, with her shelves and her little princess table...



And past that, more bookcases (for toys) and her closet. And to the right of this is the door again, so we've come full-circle...



And here's a better shot of her big-girl bed, which we got for free from a friend of a friend...



She insisted that I take a picture of her sitting at her table...



Me reading her a bedtime story before bed that night...



And getting ready to go to sleep in her big-girl bed for the first time! (Yes, we're lame and had to take a picture of this moment.)



And that's all for now. More pictures to come in a future entry--probably tomorrow. I've taken pictures of all of the rest of the house (and the yard) except for the dining room, since that's where all the miscellaneous boxes are residing. So stay tuned...

2 comments:

Moz + Pam said...

What a pretty room! A girl's dream room! I bet she loves it! Can't wait to see it in person!

Mary said...

I knew you'd post eventually--I've been such a patient girl :)

I like Ari's room, too. The gable is adorable. When she's older she can pretend she is Anne Shirley ;)

Looking forward to more pictures. You know, I don't think I've gone through our house and posted pics of each room, so you're a step ahead of me. And I've lived here for almost 6 months!