Monday, September 7, 2009

House

So, big news... we are moving! Into a house!

It is beautiful. It's a cape, 3 bedrooms, 2 full baths, a full basement, a huge backyard. Hardwood floors everywhere (except one bedroom upstairs, and that's Berber carpet). Pretty appliances in the kitchen. Our own washer and dryer. Central heat/air. Gorgeous appliances in the kitchen that might actually make me want to cook (a stainless-steel fridge that's huge, and one of those flat-top stoves). There's a shed in the backyard, and there's already a lawnmower (and Tony is more than a little excited about getting to mow the yard). Even a little sunroom off one side of the house--not sure what we'll use it for, but it's cute.

It's on the almost-end of a dead-end street, yet right off a major route and close to grocery stores, a mall, etc. It's a couple towns away, but it will shave a good 10 minutes off my 50-minute commute. Plus we'll be a lot nearer to most of the people in the church, which will be great for Tony's job as well.

So who wants to see pictures? They aren't the greatest--the flash didn't go off on some of them, since the sun was so bright, and I was in a hurry, but they will do for now. And the homeowners still have a bunch of their stuff in there, so none of the furniture, etc., you will see belongs to us. So I promise to share more pictures after we're all moved in and unpacked.

OK, first of all, the view from the street.



When you walk in the front door, the living room is to the left.



Then, beyond that, is one bedroom (which we will be using as an office).



Then there's the downstairs bathroom (a full bathroom).



Then the kitchen. The appliances are staying. And I didn't get a good picture of it, but the stove is there in the lower left corner--it's a cooktop stove, one of those ones with the smooth surface.



The other side of the kitchen.



Then the dining room (which is immediately to your right when you walk in the front door). See that door? That leads out to a small sunroom. I didn't get a picture of that. Oh and also, the dining room table set is staying--we're going to buy it off the owners.




And then upstairs. This will be our bedroom.



Upstairs bathroom (also a full bathroom).



And the other upstairs bedroom, which will be Ari's room. It's the only room in the house with carpeting--Berber carpet, too.



And both rooms have these cute little gables--I love them.



And last but not least, the backyard. I'm pretty sure they said they're leaving the picnic table and other furniture.



I didn't get any pictures of the basement, but I should mention that there's a nice little laundry room area down there--and the washer and dryer are staying. I think that's one of the things I'm most excited about--having my own washer and dryer. How sad is that?

I had big plans of getting a lot of packing done today, but all I managed to get done was to sift through all of Ari's clothes. I filled 2 big bags full of clothes she's outgrown, and another bag full of shoes, and passed them on to a friend whose daughter is a little younger than Ari. Plus I went through all of Ari's drawers and her closet and sorted and folded everything nicely. So that's one big task out of the way... but still so much more left to do. But I'll get to it, eventually... I work best under pressure.

I think I'm going to spend what's left of my holiday weekend being lazy on the couch with my husband. No point even attempting to get anything productive done now, right? Right.

4 comments:

dave + jess said...

BEAUTIFUL house, you guys. I'm so happy for you. I love the layout and the look. It looks so functional and roomy, too. Big pluses when moving from an apartment!! Happy packing :) Those two words are a pair of oxymorons!

Moz + Pam said...

How exciting! It reminds me of our Leominster house, doesn't it? Exciting, too, that you'll be neighbors with Brandon, Kerry, Tyler & Molly! Ari will LOVE that!

Mary said...

Guys, it looks great--congratulations! I like the kitchen colors. It's nice if you don't feel like you have to paint every room right away. We have more rooms we want to paint still, and our kitchen will have to be redone eventually (there's wallpaper all over it), but that's a big project farther in the future.

Dude, I was totally psyched to have my own washer and dryer when we moved. We were able to use Josh's parent's old ones, so that was a major blessing right off the bat.

The outdoor furniture is nice too. We sorta looked around for deck furniture, but never found anything. Maybe next year.

I wish I could help you pack! Not that I'd be much help. I get out of breath so easily these days. But I did help Josh put together our new kitchen table, so I guess I can be useful sometimes :)

Steve and Eden said...

Awesome!! So excited for you guys!!!