Monday, September 21, 2009

My new motto: DON'T PANIC *edit*

In case anyone's interested, here's a link to that height calculator I mentioned in my last entry (the one that predicted Ari will be 5'8" by the time she's 18)... here you go. (That link will open in a new window.)

So, the weekend. Saturday was our most productive packing day. My parents took Ari for the afternoon and overnight, which was a huge help, and Tony and I buckled down and got a lot of packing done. We took advantage of Ari being gone to toss a lot of her toys. I got almost the entire kitchen packed up while Tony worked on the living room. But then we decided to take advantage of the fact that we were kid-free and headed out on a short impromptu date night--dinner at Johnny Rockets and dessert at Coldstone. Then Tony decided to do a little window-shopping, looking at things we might need/want for the house, and by the time we got home, it was late, and we got nothing else done. But I didn't care. It's been a long time since we've had a Date Night, and we both really needed that break from reality.

Sunday, of course, was church, plus we had a big potluck dinner afterward, which means we were there a lot longer than normal. Then I had freelance work to do, and then we coordinated with Matt and Kristin because they're letting us borrow a desk and we needed their minivan to move it. So needless to say, Sunday was not a productive day.

It's so strange to look around and see blank walls and empty shelves. I think between all the packing, and then showing the house off to friends, it's starting to hit me that this is really, truly happening. And holy moley, we have so much to do.... This week is going to be madness--we have commitments on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings, and Tony has something going on Friday night. Plus the whole reason we're moving Sunday rather than Saturday is because we have plans with Matt and Kristin on Saturday. So that means we have tonight and Thursday night, and I have Friday night, to get it all done.

OK, no freaking out... it's only Monday. I should wait until at least Tuesday to start panicking. So, change of subject...

I realized just the other day that it's been a long time since I've taken/posted any pictures of Ari. So I commissioned Tony to take a few pictures yesterday, since she looked especially cute.

Ari decided to pack herself in a box.



At least someone is enjoying this mess of boxes...



Can't imagine where she gets her blue eyes from...




*** EDIT ***

As I said before, we got the keys to the house yesterday. Well, just one key. So of course, the first order of business was to get copies made. Problem is, the new key looks exactly the same as our current keys. Which won't be a problem for long, but still. We dog-sat our neighbors dogs the other day, and they gave us their teenage daughter's key to get into the house--a pretty purple key with a butterfly. I thought it was so cute and told Tony I wanted my new house key to be pretty. So Tony went off to get the keys made today, and called me to tell me my choices. And this is what I chose...



Those spots inside the hearts are actually little pink jewels. I love it. So so pretty.

I know, I am such a girl.

And if you're wondering... Wal-Mart.

5 comments:

Mary said...

So in the second picture, I think she really looks like you. But then in the next one with Tony, she totally looks like Tony. Weird. But I guess it makes sense, seeing as she's some of both of you.

I'm glad you got lots of packing done on Saturday. And yeah, you totally deserve a date night. I was telling Josh just the other day that we need to plan a date night in October, since I don't think there's any more time for one in September. It's amazing how fast the time can go with life and committments and kids, and before you know it, you're like, hey, I haven't talked to my husband or been alone with him in forever.

Moz + Pam said...

So excited for you guys!! Can't wait to see the house in "person"!?

Steve and Eden said...

Love the new pics of Ari!!!! She is growing up fast! Her hair is getting so long!!

Yay! for getting some packing done! Don't stress. You can do it! Commission some friends and family to help out!!

So excited for you guys and your new adventure as homeowners!!

Mary said...

Aw, your key is so cute! I think I wanted a cute key when we moved here, but apparently there are different kinds of keys, and for the one we had, they didn't have any fun designs.

Moz + Pam said...

Cute key!! Now I want one, too!!