Friday, September 18, 2009

You make me smile like the sun

Apparently, randomness is my thing lately...


So, last week, we had a grand total of 3 boxes packed. Want to guess how many we've added to that total? One. Yes, you read that right. I don't know why I can't get myself motivated to do this. I think it's because it seems like such an overwhelming amount of work, so I'm coping with it by doing nothing. This is our last weekend to pack, since next weekend is Moving Weekend (holy crap!) so we HAVE to get some major progress accomplished this weekend. HAVE to.


So the fall TV season is well underway, which means you're going to hear me blabber on about the shows I love. (Don't worry--I will try not to spoil anything for you.) The third episode of "Glee" was on Wednesday, and once again, it was made of awesome.

Also, "The Office" premiered last night, and it was great. And I watched the new show "Community" and loved it. Like I need a new show to watch. Joel McHale is fantastic, though. ( I wonder if this new show means that Joel McHale won't be hosting "The Soup" anymore...?) And I'm a big fan of Abed, the kid that talks wicked fast and made all the "Breakfast Club" references.


We bought some of that toddler toothpaste for Ari a long time ago--you know, the kind that's safe for them to swallow as they're learning how to brush their teeth. Well, she hated it, so we haven't pushed the issue, and the tube has just been sitting on the counter for months. A few nights ago, she happened to see it as she got ready to brush her teeth, and she told me, "Mommy, I don't like my toothpaste." She paused, then asked, "Can I have some toothpaste?" I was startled, but didn't argue--I put a dab on her brush and waited for her to wail and moan about how she didn't like it. But instead, she happily brushed away and even started laughing. What a nut. I figured it was just a fluke, but she has cheerfully asked for toothpaste every night since then. Go figure.


Despite our lack of packing, we do have boxes everywhere, and I've told Ari not to play with them or in them, since we don't want them to get damaged. Ari was playing by herself the other night when out of nowhere, she declared, "Mommy, I want to tell you something." I looked up at her and she continued, "Earlier, I stepped in the box with the blanket and I'm sorry." When I burst out laughing, she giggled and added, "And that's funny."


Ari got one of those birthday cards that talks when you open it--she loves the thing, so it's become a part of her toy collection. She was playing with it the other night, opening it and listening to the characters yell, "Happy birthday!" and all the other stuff they say. When it was done, she chuckled and said, "Thank you, guys!"

Along those lines, she is forever talking to her toys now, and it is so cute. She talks in this soft little voice, making her toys and dolls carry on entire conversations. Of course, as soon as she notices you're listening, she stops, and will sometimes start giggling as she looks at you, as if she knows exactly how adorable she is.


I found some little online calculator thing that's supposed to predict how tall your child will be by the time they are 18. You fill in their gender, current age/height/weight, then the height of both parents. So according to all that, Ari will be 5'8"... which is a good 6" taller than me. Not that I'm surprised, though--it's not too difficult to be taller than me.


I found this quote the other day, and really liked it, so I thought I would share...

"In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit." ~Albert Schweitzer


I heard this song on the radio this week, and it caught my attention--it's called "Smile" and I think it's cute, if not a bit corny. Which is just my style.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Yeah, I think we were a little quicker to pack than you are. But I still remember "cramming" at the last minute.

We watched "The Office" too. We don't normally, but it is funny. We also watched "The Community" and liked that as well. Josh insightfully compared it to a version of Saved By the Bell. What do you think?

We use the training toothpaste with Matthew, and for the most part he's liked it. He went through a phase of just hating his teeth being brushed (I don't think it was just the toothpaste), but he's back to loving it and will remind us to do it.

Steve and Eden said...

Olyvia of late doesn't like to brush her teeth! Don't know what the issue is there. lol Glad Ari has decided she likes her toothpaste!!!