Sunday, September 21, 2008

The weekend, plus some

All right, a quick recap of the past few days...

Tony's dad came into town for a quick visit on Thursday. We went out to dinner that night and toward the end of the meal, Ari was getting antsy, so "Pappy" (that's what she calls him) let her sit with him. She just loved him to death. She was a little shy with him at first, but once she warmed up to him, she couldn't get enough of him.



After dinner, we went to the mall, where Dad let us pick out a new outfit for Ari. The next day, Tony, Dad, and Ari went to a nearby state-fair-type-thing while I was at work. Pappy took Ari on the carousel, among other things.



(I don't know why the vertical pics came out so small. I'm trying out a new site for uploading pics online--Picasa. I like it so far, except for this little quirk.)

Friday night was a lazy night for me. Tony went out with the guys and I enjoyed having the house to myself. On Saturday afternoon, we went back to that state-fair-type-thingy, this time with Matt, Kristin, and Nick. I took a few pictures of Ari before we left. Like her outfit? It's one of the ones Pappy bought her.



A quick mother-daughter pic. (This is what my hair does when I let it air-dry. Gross, huh?)



She specifically asked to pose with Ivan. I know it looks like she's strangling him here, but she was really just hugging him very enthusiastically. I told her to cease and desist once the picture was taken. He is such a patient dog.



Playing with the TV remote...



This is the toy snake she "won" at the fair on the day she went with Tony and Dad.



Contemplating throwing the tub of Play-Doh. I told her not to. Guess what she did as soon as this picture was taken?



So I scolded her, and she ran off to sulk. I know the picture is small, but get a load of the expression on her face. What a rascal.



So off we went to the big state-fair-type-thingy, where I stupidly left the camera in the car. We had a good time, though--the kids loved all the sights, and they especially loved getting to see all sorts of farm animals. And I finally got to try fried Oreos, which were much less awesome than I thought they would be. It's basically an Oreo covered in fried dough, but you can barely taste the Oreo--so, really, it's just like eating a little chunk of fried dough. And I like fried dough just fine--I just would have thought the Oreo would make it so much better, and it didn't. But at least I've satisfied my curiosity.

We stayed pretty late at the fair, so by the time we got back to car, it was well past Ari's bedtime. We gave her her baby doll to cuddle with, and as we sat in traffic, I took a few pictures. I love this shot.



Then of course today was church, and we spent the afternoon at Pastor and Dawn's home, along with Brandon and Kerry and their kids, and a new couple that's been visiting our church. It was a lovely afternoon--sunny and warm, but not too warm. The perfect last-day-of-summer day. Yes, folks, tomorrow is the first official day of autumn.

And, also, oh-by-the-way... only 5 more days till the cruise!



Widgets & Flash Toys

4 comments:

Kristina said...

that last picture of Ari is SOOOOO cute!!! :-) She has beautiful blue eyes!!! ;-)

Mary said...

I love her overalls, and the outfit her pappy picked out is really adorable. How sweet that she's choking (ahem, I mean hugging) Ivan! I'm glad you had a fun weekend. Now you can look forward to your fun week on your cruise!! :)

Steve and Eden said...

What a fun week! I love love LOVE that last pic of her. She's such a cutie!

Moz + Pam said...

Love the last pic especially! What a photogenic kid you have! Love her overalls, too & oh the outfit Tony's Dad bought for Ari, too! She looks so grown up in the shot where she's standing alone with her new outfit on!