Monday, November 1, 2010

You want thingamabobs? I've got 20.

Or, at least, I have Halloween pictures.


Saturday evening, we finally got around to carving our pumpkins. Ari chose Minnie Mouse for her pumpkin, and I got tasked with carving it. It occurred to me... I think this might be the first pumpkin I've ever carved. It was certainly the most intricate. I had to "freehand" a few spots because I wasn't able to trace the pattern correctly, but all in all, I think it came out well. Ari liked it, so that's all that matters.



Tony carved the bigger pumpkin, using 2 different patterns--a spiderweb with some added ghosts.



And here are both the pumpkins, lit up on our doorstep on Halloween night.



And another shot of the pumpkins, using the flash. We set out a basket of candy since we wouldn't be home.



In the evening, we headed to a friend's house for trick-or-treating... it's become a tradition to go trick-or-treating in their neighborhood with a group of friends, and it seems our group grows a little every year. It's a lot of fun because it gives us grown-ups plenty of company as we wander around.


I got a couple shots of Ari, as Ariel, before we got going. Excuse the bizarre "smile."



Oops, forgot her magic wand.



A closer shot of her hair. I think it came out really good. It was definitely the perfect Ariel color. The only problem was that even after it dried, it rubbed off on her clothes and on the seat of the car. But it washed right out of her hair with no problem later on, so I'm sure it will come out of everything else just as easily.



And the whole gang. We've got a vampire, a knight, a mummy, and a hippie in the back row... Super Girl, Ariel, and Barbie in the next row down... and then little Joey, who wanted to be "an egg" (his mom made the costume).



And then off we went. All the kids seemed to have a great time, and in true princess style, Ari got tired out pretty quickly and insisted on riding in the wagon the rest of the time. She even skipped several houses because she didn't feel like getting out from under the blanket we brought. Can't say that I blame her, though--I was pretty chilly myself about an hour or so into it.


And now it's Monday, and it's November... where has this year gone?

3 comments:

Mary said...

Tell Ari to never dye her hair that color in real life :) But it is the perfect Ariel color.

Steve and Eden said...

Very cool! Ari makes a great Little Mermaid!

Moz + Pam said...

It IS the perfect Ariel color!! Ari makes an adoreble mermaid!!