Monday, November 8, 2010

Spice rack shelf type thing

Saturday morning, I took Ari to Home Depot for one of their Kids' Workshops. I'd heard of these workshops before, and finally decided to look into them. Their website says they are for ages 5-12, but I figured she was close enough. And there were definitely a couple kids that were younger than her, so I didn't feel bad.


The project was a spice rack (though if you ask Ari what it is, she'll tell you it's a shelf). Here she is, hard at work.



And the final product. We'll leave out the part where I tell you that I put it together the wrong way the first time around.



I caught her right between smiles here.



The best thing about this was that it was entirely free. Not only did she get to do the project, but she got an apron and a pin, and will get a pin each time she completes a project. They also gave her a sticker sheet and 2 coloring pages. She was in heaven.


I went on a little baking binge last night. (Did I mention we went apple picking on Saturday? Because, you know, we needed more apples.) I made brownies, another apple pie, and something called "apple crunch dessert." It reminds me of a cobbler, except the topping is a bit crunchy instead of being soft. It tasted good, so that's all that matters.

3 comments:

Mary said...

So you actually didn't leave out the part about you doing it the wrong way the first time, did ya? :)

Josh needs to take Matthew to one of those, though not at Home Depot. Bleh! We spit on Home Depot. Lowe's has a similar program. I thought it was for younger than 5, so maybe Matthew's still a little too young.

Tony must be loving all these apple dishes you've been making :).

Moz + Pam said...

Glad you finally took Ariana! It sounds like fun!

Steve and Eden said...

Sara,
Looks like Ari enjoyed the workshop! So glad you took Ari to the workshop! Steve and Olyvia enjoy doing them and they are part of their father daughter dates!

Mary,
I'm not sure about OH, but here all the classes say 5+, but the when Steve and Olyvia have gone to the workshops the ages of the kids participating range from about 1.5 yrs to 13yrs old. So, Matthew could totally go!