Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Sunday

If you missed them, there are more Easter pics in the previous entry.

So, Easter Sunday... I wanted to take a few pictures of her before we left for church, in case I didn't have time later or in case she ruined her dress somehow at church. So that's where those last couple photos in the previous entry are from. I also made a lame attempt at a father-daughter shot. The sun was really bright, and we didn't have a lot of time. But see those flowers on the right? We bought those from our local fire station on Friday. I guess they have a flower sale every year, as a fundraiser, and Ari has been obsessed with the fire station lately, so we took a walk up there, figuring we'd support the firefighters and let Ari get a close-up look at the trucks. Even better, she got to go inside 2 of them. She was in heaven.



After the church service, they had an Easter Egg Hunt for the kids. See her excitement? I'm pretty sure this was the highlight of Ari's day. Her Sunday school teacher told me that was all she talked about during the entire class.



Showing me one of her first finds...



Action shot!



After she was done hunting eggs (i.e., when there were no more to be found), she started hunting dandelions.



But then soon, she decided she needed to check and make sure all the eggs were really gone. Also... why does this picture make me think she's just about to tumble down a rabbit hole or something? Maybe it's the blonde hair and the blue dress and the fact that I saw "Alice in Wonderland" not too long ago...



I like the expression on her face here...



After church we went to my parents' house for dinner. We made a couple attempts at a family photo. Sometimes I wonder why I bother...





Then my mom set up a little indoor Easter Egg Hunt for Ari, which she loved. (This is another one of my favorite pics from the weekend.)



Showing me her eggs...



She also opened the Easter package she got from Tony's mom. Here she's struggling with the envelope on the card...



Tony helped her open it, and she was thrilled to discover $2 inside. (She's already to the point where, every time she gets a card, she wonders out loud it if has "dollars" in it.)



This picture cracks me up... Tony was trying to read the card to her, but she's peeking into the bag to see what's next.



She also got a cute outfit. I asked her to hold the shirt up for me, and she purposely held it over her legs.



Then she wanted to crack open every single plastic egg to see what was inside...



My brother Dave, Jess, and Micah came over later in the afternoon. Ari played shy with Micah for a few minutes (that's her new "thing"--playing shy with people she knows), but then warmed right up to him. We tried to get a picture of the two of them, and I'm sure you can imagine how well that went. This was probably the best of the 4 or 5 shots I took.



And... that's it. Hope you all had a Merry Easter!

2 comments:

Mary said...

Her dress is really pretty, and did you do her hair, like, curl it or something? It looks really nice.

The first family shot isn't too bad. And I like Tony's hair. Is it a new do, or perhaps I just haven't seen it in a while.

Matthew picks dandelions for me. Or rather, he pulls the heads off them and crushes them in his hand and makes me hold them in my pocket. He's recently dicovered money too, from birthday cards and the loose change we leave laying around the house.

Dude, so that pic of Ari and Micah is like you and Dave, the blond versions :)

Moz + Pam said...

I think Mary's comment about Ari & Micah is correct. They ARE blonde versions of you & Dave! Can you email those pics now?