Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter eggs, colored and tattooed

I took way too many pictures this weekend. So this will be the first of 2 Easter-related entries.

Matt and Kristin and their brood came over on Saturday evening, and Ari and Nick colored Easter eggs (with help from me and Kristin, of course).

Here we are, just getting started...



Ari wanted to check her eggs every 2 seconds or so...



I think she was telling me that this one wasn't done yet... (Do you dig her tattoos? Can you see mine?)



This was her last egg, which she insisted on dunking into several different dyes.



Trying to get Ari and Nick to pose for a picture. Asking them to say "cheese" produces these crazy/fake smiles...



After the eggs dried, it was time to apply the tattoos. There was a whole sheet of tattoos, and you simply rubbed them on to the egg with a little stick. They actually looked really good once they were on.



Showing off a few of our eggs...



Still hard at work... (I love the way she has her face pressed up against mine...)



Ari was great at helping peel away the plastic layer over the tattoos...



Ari and Nick, with their finished eggs on display...



And a final group shot...



Next entry will be pics from Easter Sunday. But here's a sneak peek...



And this picture is one of my favorite from the weekend. I had taken several shots by this point, and she was already getting sick of pictures...



OK, now I'm really done this time.

2 comments:

Moz + Pam said...

That last 1 is my favorite, too! She looks so much like Tony!!!!!!!! :)

Mary said...

I thought about buying a egg dying kit, but I figured Matthew wasn't old enough to appreciate it yet. So we just did it the traditional, basic way.

What a cute last picture--love the pouty face :)