Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Free to a good home

Well, my dear little daughter had a busy, busy day yesterday. Here's the rundown (in rough chronological order)...

1. She colored on the hardwood floor with a Sharpie, hiding behind the couch as she did so. (Thank God that Mr. Clean Magic Eraser is indeed magic.)

2. She got a hold of some stamps and plastered 20 or so on the underside of the desk. (I don't even want to think about how much money that is.)

3. She peed her pants while playing outside with Daddy. (Um... how exactly do you clean pee out of a pair of boots?)

4. She stole the kitchen scissors... but was caught by Daddy before she was able to cause any destruction. (I don't even want to know what she had planned...)

5. She peed her pants again while we were out and the babysitter was here, this time standing on top of the toilet and thus getting the toilet lid cover wet as well. (Yes, yes... she was THAT close to the toilet and still peed herself.)

6. When the babysitter put her in the shower to clean her off, she managed to spray water up over the top of the curtain and down the wall (which we discovered when a guest in the downstairs bathroom told us there was water dripping down the window). This was all happening right as we got home around 8:15.

7. As I dressed her in clean clothes, I discovered the empty box of Disney Princess band-aids on the counter. I never did get a clear answer as to where they all disappeared to, though I did find one or two on the floor later.

8. With the help of a friend, she carried 2 cups of water upstairs. One got spilled on the carpet at the top of the stairs. I caught her dumping the other one into a basket, which meant, of course, another puddle on the carpet.

9. I also noticed that she had pulled the snowman candle out of her window and out of the outlet. (With all the water she was playing with, it's a wonder she didn't electrocute herself.)

10. I made her come downstairs, and got her set up munching on some Teddy Grahams in the dining room. Several minutes later, she came to me with wet hands, and when I went to investigate, I discovered she had filled a Pringles can TO THE BRIM with water. (At this point, I banned her from getting water from the fridge door on her own EVER AGAIN.)

11. No more than 10 minutes later, she peed her pants AGAIN (the 3rd time, if you're keeping count).

By this time, it was way past her bedtime, so I gave her the world's fastest bath and put her devious little butt in bed. Once I did, I joined Tony in our room, where he'd already flopped on the bed. We just exchanged a look, shaking our heads and smiling, and I posted the following on Twitter/Facebook:

"Free to a good home: 3-year-old girl. Very cute, mostly housebroken. Answers to the name Ari."

The babysitter (Ari's regular sitter, not the one from earlier in the evening) commented on FB almost immediately, and I replied with a comment of my own, listing all the things Ari had done. Tony filled me in on what I'd missed while I was at work, and by the time I was done typing, I was dying laughing. I'm sure there's probably more stuff we're not even remembering. Or maybe just haven't discovered yet.

Good thing she's so cute.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Maybe her and Matthew shouldn't hang out. She might give him some bad ideas :)

Josh said...

$9 in stamps... :)