Friday, January 1, 2010

Ari in review

I had the idea to do a 2009-in-review entry, pulling stuff from my Twitter feed, but holy cow, I didn't realize I talked so much on Twitter. A year's worth of tweets is way too much to sift through. But as I was reading back through some of my old tweets, I realized that a lot of them were things Ari said to me. And she's pretty random. So this entry is courtesy of my wacky kid. (And now, I have this stuff all in one place, instead of having to dig through Twitter to find it.)

January:

Me: "Ari, who's your favorite mom?" Ari: "Daddy." Me: "Hey! Who's your favorite mom?!" Ari: "Uh...a kitty cat?" (followed by a devilish grin)

Me: "Ari, it's bedtime. Go to your room." Ari: "Chop chop." (I'm so proud of myself for teaching her that.)

February:

Me: "Be careful." Ari: "I am. Lookit. See? I not falling." ... 5 seconds later, she fell. Would it be wrong to say, "I told you so"?

March:

Ari: "I got you a present." Me: "What is it?" Ari: "Maybe it's a snake in your bed."

Me: "Ari, don't hit me with your brush." Ari: (soothingly) "It's OK." Me: "No it's not!"

April:

Ari: "I have makeups." Me: "You have what?" Ari: "I have makeups." Me: "You mean hiccups?" Ari: "Yes. Makeups."

Me: "Ari, you are a noisy little human." Ari: "No, you're a noisy human. But I love YOU!"

Me: "Ari, you're pretty." Ari: "YOU'RE pretty. You're my cute girl. I love you!"

Ari: (after removing every. single. magnetic. letter from the fridge) "Who's going to pick up all these letters?" Me: "Um, YOU are."

May:

Ari: "I love you, Mommy." Me: "Aww, thanks." Ari: "Can you leave me alone now?"

Me: "Ari, I love you." Ari: "OK."

June:

Ari patted me on the head and told me, "You're the best doggy ever."

Ari just told me to look at her and when I did, she said, "Eww, I don't want to look at you!" And then she laughed. And is still laughing.

July:

At bedtime, Ari said, "Don't remember me!" I assume she meant "Don't forget me"? Either way, it's cute.

Me: "Ari, you are a nice girl." Ari: "I'm a VERY nice girl!"

Ari just told me, "You're my best buddy." Then, 2 seconds later, she said, "Wait a minute....you're not my best buddy" with an evil grin.

August:

One of the best ways to wake up in the morning is to the sound of a little 3-year-old voice whispering, "I love you the most."

Ari: "Mommy? Mommy?" Me: "What?" Ari: "Nevermind." (Repeat twenty thousand million times.)

September:

Ari's right hand is looking for her left hand, which is sleeping. Or so she tells me.

I'm watching "The Wedding Singer" with Ari. She just looked at Adam Sandler and said, "That boy is a great singer."

Ari: "Mommy, I want to tell you something. Earlier, I stepped in the box with the blanket & I'm sorry." Me: *laugh* Ari: "And that's funny."

October:

Ari (while watching football): "Did you see those 2 boys fall down? That was funny. Whoa, look at that throw! Wow, it was really fast!"

Ari: "Who got you that flower?" Me: "My friend Dawn." Ari: "Why?" Me: "Because she likes me." Ari: "Why?" Me: "I have no idea."

Just finished my dinner and Ari told me, "Good job, Mommy! You're the best daughter ever."

Ari: "Sometime can we ride on a pirate ship?" Me: "Where are we going to get a pirate ship?" Ari: "We can buy one!"

Ari is looking for her lost sock by yelling, "Sock! Oh so-ock!"

Ari: "Do you know what I'm thinking?" Tony: "What?" Ari: "That Mommy loves me." Tony: "Aw, does Mommy love you?" Ari: "No, the doggies love me."

November:

Me: "Ari, you're a nut-burger." Ari: "No I'm not!" Me: "Yes you are." Ari: "Yes I--no I'm not."

Me: "Thanksgiving is a special day where you eat lots of food & talk about what you're thankful for." Ari: "I'm thankful for my doggies."

Ari: "Yesterday I sat next to my friend Megan. Can you say Megan?" Me: "Um... Megan." Ari: "Good job, Mommy!"

Ari's explanation for her boo-boo: "I fall down later, I kinda tripped a little bit. But don't touch it because it very, very hurt."

Ari: "Mommy, have you ever been to a volcano?" Me: "Nope." Ari: "Maybe sometime I can give you a ride in Daddy's car and we can go to one."

Emma (to Ari): "Is Nick your boyfriend?" Ari: "Yes. I like him all the time."

Ari: *snuggles up to me* Me: "Are you tired?" Ari: *sigh* "Yes. I had a busy day."

December:

Me: "Ari, want to go shopping?" Ari: "Yes! Maybe we can get me a blue dress." Me: "Why blue?" Ari: "To go with my blue socks in my drawer."

Me: "Ari, I love you." Ari: "Aw, shucks."

Ari: "I don't like eggs." Tony: "Oh, they're really good." Me: "You should try them sometime." Ari: "But some people just don't like eggs."

2 comments:

Moz + Pam said...

LOL! Very cute coversations! Thanks for sharing! Ari's too cute! :)

Mary said...

Yeah, you could definitely say your kid is wacky ;) I wonder who she gets that from...