Sunday, January 4, 2009

2008 in review

Well, it's a new year, and before it really gets going, I thought I'd put together a little "2008 in review" entry. I added some pictures to keep it interesting. I also included some links to old entries that explain a little more about some statements. But they are more for my own reference/benefit, so you're under no obligation to click any of them.


January:

Ari turned 18 months old on January 3...



I wrote a dreamy little entry about wanting to take a cruise for our 10-year anniversary, never thinking it would actually happen.


February:

I finally got back to my pre-pregnancy weight! (Took me long enough, right?)

Tony surprised me with 50 long-stemmed roses at work on Valentine's Day...



We got a much bigger tax return than we anticipated and realized we actually could go on a cruise for our anniversary.


March:

We took a trip to New York City to see "Rent" for Tony's birthday.

My nephew Matthew was born, to my sister Mary and her husband Josh.

We found an anonymous $200 cash in our mailbox one Sunday when we got home from church...




April:

We saw Cirque du Soleil's Kooza with several friends--the 4th Cirque show we've seen.

Tony and Ari took a trip to visit his family for his mom's birthday, leaving me home alone to contend with
killer bumblebees and dead mice.


May:

I flew to Ohio to visit my sister and meet my new nephew Matthew...



I joined Twitter, which has become one of my favorite websites.

I got an awesome Mother's Day gift from my mom--a photo collage. First time I ever saw myself in Ari...




June:

I did my first "Day in the Life" entry (which ended up being a 2-parter). I'd link you, but all the picture links are broken. But here's a taste of the coolness you're missing out on...



I finally got around to finding a regular (i.e. not OB/GYN) doctor and had a physical for the first time in over 10 years.

I had my first-ever MRI (due to my migraines and other symptoms) and it turns out I'm normal in the head. (*insert jokes here*)


July:

Ari turned 2 years old on July 3...



My friend Kim her adorable kidlets came for a weekend visit...



Our old college friend Steph and her adorable kidlets also came for a weekend visit (different weekend, though).


August:

We celebrated our 10th anniversary on August 1.

I flew to California to see my brother Steve graduate from language school...




September:

My nephew Micah was born to my brother Dave and his wife Jessica...



I got my annual review at work--it was glowing, as usual, plus I got a raise. They love me.

Left for our week-long Caribbean CRUISE! (FYI, that link takes you to the first of 10 entries regarding the cruise.)...




October:

Still cruising...



Tony finally got around to getting a new wedding band...




November:

I started my "101 in 1,001" list (which is still a work in progress).

All my married siblings came into town for Thanksgiving, and we celebrated Christmas together and enjoyed watching all the cousins interact...




December:

I turned 32 years old.

We visited Tony's family for Christmas.


And, there you have it--2008 in a neat little package. Here's to 2009 and all the surprises it may bring...

3 comments:

Steve and Eden said...

love this awesome review!!

Moz + Pam said...

Enjoyed this year in review. Hope there's another family gathering in 2009!

Mary said...

Nice review. You sure travelled a lot this year. And the killer bumblebees--I totally remember those.

I think I've been influenced by you and Eden enough to do my own look back at 2008.