Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The weekend is over

Woo hoo, the weekend is OVER.


I know that seems a strange thing to say. It wasn't a bad weekend... just a crazy-busy one, and one that has been months (or, you could argue, years) in the making. Our church celebrated its 10th anniversary this weekend, which, of course, was a Big Deal. But everything went so well. The concert was fantastic (and our Praise Team did a decent job being the "opening act" which was a huge relief, seeing as our rehearsal just before the concert didn't go so smoothly), and the service on Sunday was great too. I would share pics, but I was much too busy to take any. I think I got tagged in a few pics and a video on Facebook, though.


And in spite of all the busyness of the weekend, I still managed to squeeze in a little "me" time. I took Sharla for a long walk on both Saturday and Sunday, and it was lovely. This new Easy-Walk Harness is the best thing EVER, and now that she's walking so nicely on leash, it makes our walks much more pleasant. Which is part of the reason we walked for so long. I think I tired her out well. Exhibit A...




They are always so cute when they're sleeping, right?


And Ari's latest artwork for me. In case it's not obvious, that's our house and Sharla.




Last night, I took the dog for a walk while Tony and Ari ran to Costco. I was unsuccessful, though, because said dog did not want to walk. (Side note: What kind of crazy dog doesn't want to go for a walk?!) So I brought her home after tiring of trying to convince her that walking is fun and good, and continued the walk alone, which included much walking after dark.


When I got home, I was greeted by an exuberant 4-year-old who made me close my eyes before revealing this surprise...




Aww.

2 comments:

Moz + Pam said...

Awwwwwwwwww!!

Eden said...

Beautiful flowers!!