Thursday, April 28, 2011

Some vacation pictures

We spent some time this week at our timeshare. Since this is all new to us, we chose to hang out at our "home" resort, and since it was fairly close to home, we did a lot of back and forth trips, some without Ari, and some with her. So... I have pictures.

Our room had an amazing jacuzzi tub. Ari loved it as much as I did...



All these pictures are from Tuesday. I got Ari dressed and she insisted on wearing this hat, then asked, "Mommy, do I look fashion?"



We spent most of the day at a place called Hancock Shaker Village... the highlight being a behind-the-scenes tour of the barn and baby animals. (As it turns out, this is the perfect time of year to see all the baby animals.) Here's Tony and Ari walking in, with the big round stone barn in the background.



Ari with a duckling.



And with a chick. (Obviously not your typical fluffy yellow chick... and I don't remember what kind of chicken this was.)



Ari and some other girl saying hi to a cow...



And this was on the behind-the-scenes tour. Ari told me later that the lamb was her favorite.



They took us into a pasture and let a whole flock of sheep out of the barn, then let us all feed them. Ari kept wanting to hold another lamb, but none of them were too keen on that idea...



Here's Ari holding a piglet... I think they said this one was about 3 weeks old.



And another piglet... this one was only 3 days old.



Meeting a calf...



In another part of the village, they had a big hands-on area... here, Ari was weaving on a loom.



That's all I've got for now. I do have pictures from Easter, but they're all on my regular camera, so it will take me a little longer to get to those. (I took all the above pics on my Droid, and it's a snap to upload them from that.)

3 comments:

Mary said...

Oh, I didn't realize you guys tried out your timeshare yet. That explains the bathtub picture I was confused about :) I'm glad you had fun. My kids are kinda weird about animals right now. I think they like them from a distance, but I don't think they'd be brave enough to hold them like Ari did. Our neighbors had some bunnies, and they woudldn't even pet them :)

Ooh, I like Ari's hat. Tell her Auntie Mary said she is very fashionable :)

Moz + Pam said...

Glad Ariana enjoyed the farm animals as much as Micah did! That seems like so long ago now. :) We should go up to our timeshare the same time as you!

Eden said...

Love all the pics! Looks like Ari had a lot of fun with all the animals!!!