Monday, June 14, 2010

Diva-licious

I watched the Tony Awards last night. Man, I love that show. For the performances more than the actual awards and such, though, of course. It's like a lovely little preview of all the hot new shows on Broadway. It makes me miss New York City. If I had unlimited cash, or won the lottery or something, I would definitely blow a ton of money on seeing every single Broadway play I could.

While watching the Tony's, I completed Workout #2 of Week 1 of the "Couch to 5K" program. (Yeh, I started on Friday, so my "weeks" are going to be a little messed up, but oh well.) For the first week, the workouts consist of 5 minutes of brisk walking, then alternating 60 seconds of jogging with 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes. Totally doable so far... though I'm sweating like a pig by the time I'm done, and I HATE being sweaty. But, it's all for a good reason... to get myself in better shape, to be able to run a 5K, to push myself a little farther than my usual.

I've got a few Ari pictures to share. She picked this whole outfit out herself at the store the other day--the shirt, the hat, and the sunglasses. And then picked them all out again on Saturday when we were getting ready to go to the church's spaghetti dinner. She looked like such a little diva, I just had to get some pics.



She loves having her picture taken lately... can you tell?



This pose was completely her idea... she's recently learned how to do thumbs-up...



The peace signs were my idea...



She packed her own bag to take with her too. She's so self-sufficient lately...



And a nice picture with Daddy...



And a not-so-nice one with me. Guess she didn't want to share the spotlight with another diva?

2 comments:

Mary said...

Love the one with her thumbs up--she's got such a fun and crazy personality :)

Doing a 5K, huh? Good for you. For now I'll just stay on my couch ;)

Moz + Pam said...

When are you doing the 5K? Yep you definitely have a mini teenager on your hands! ;)