Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Randomness, courtesy of Ari


In the car on the way home last night...

Ari: Mommy?

Me: Yeh?

Ari: Are we off the highway yet?

Me: Nope, not yet.

Ari: Don't lie to me.

Me: I'm not. We're still on the highway.

Ari: (very seriously) Don't lie to me, Mommy.

Me: (thinking) What...??


Ari's excuses for not sleeping and/or getting out of bed last night:

No more than 2 minutes after I laid her down... "I just can't close my eyes."

After shouting, "Mommy, I need you!" over and over... "I just can't go to school if I don't know all my numbers."

To Tony, when he asked why she was out of bed... "I just want to look at you."

2 comments:

Mary said...

Oh good, we're not the only ones with bedtime issues. Of course Matthew's a little more limited in his excuses, because he can't say everything he's feeling or whatever. We now have to sit with him til he goes to sleep. Otherwise he's completely hysterical and freaks out when we leave him. And he'll take as many spankings as we give him--he'll still get down and turn on his light and open his door. True, we are most likely starting a hard habit to break, but it also keeps our sanity.

Moz + Pam said...

Ari reminds me of me. Apparently my Mom said before I went to 1st grade I couldn't sleep worrying about how I didn't know my letters, too! We didn't have kindergarten in our town. So we went straight to 1st grade. :)