Friday, March 12, 2010

Gimme that Filet-o-Fish

Just some random stuff...


The weather has been so nice this week... sunny and in the mid-50s. We've all been taking advantage of it--including Ari. We got her a bike helmet and knee and elbow pads for Christmas, and this is the first chance she's had to use them. She's ridden her bike a few times before, but this is the first time she's done it with all this gear, and somehow it makes her seem so much older...




Wednesday, after work, I embarked on a sneaker-shopping mission. I've had my sneakers for... well, for too long. I mean, when the tread on the bottom has been all smoothed away, you know it's time for new ones. So off I went to Kohl's, armed with a 20%-off coupon (side note: Seriously, Kohl's, don't I deserve a 30%-off coupon sometime soon?). Turns out they were having some good sales too. So I am now the proud owner of these shiny new sneakers...



And I'm also the proud owner of these snazzy shoes. (C'mon... did you really think I would enter the shoe department and only look at sneakers?)



I have never bought shoes that color before, and normally wouldn't, but they were on clearance, and I thought, why not? I always buy black or brown, to be practical (since they go with almost everything), but these will go with quite a few pieces of my clothing. Plus, they're cute!

I also came home with this shirt. But I blame Tony for that one.




A co-worker of mine came into our room earlier with this...



It plays that annoying McDonald's "Gimme that Filet-o-Fish" song. It even includes a dance remix of it (though he spared us from that version).

Grrr....


We went to Coldstone last night so that Tony could get his free birthday ice cream. Of course, I planned to get some ice cream myself. But they were having issues with their freezer, and the only flavors they had were sweet cream, pumpkin, and mint. Ew, ew and ew. I was highly disappointed.


We went to the mall last night, figuring we would let Ari play in the play area while we were there. But as we approached it, she asked if we could go to the bookstore (AKA Barnes and Noble) instead. We asked her if she was sure, and she insisted she was, so off we went. I was so proud. I parked myself next to her on a kiddie-sized bench, and must have read her at least 10 books.




Note to self: On Idol elimination nights, stay away from Twitter and Facebook until AFTER you've watched the show.


This just makes me so sad...




So this weekend, we "spring forward." Sure, we lose an hour of sleep, but I'm looking forward to having more daylight at the end of my workday.

Also, Tony and I have a date night planned for Sunday night... dinner, and then Alice in Wonderland. And Ari is spending the night with my parents again.

Plus, "Celebrity Apprentice" starts on Sunday!

It's going to be a good weekend.

3 comments:

Moz + Pam said...

We're looking forward to having Ari overnight! She's growing up too quickly! :(

Mary said...

Her legs almost look too long for that bike, but maybe it's the angle of the picture.

Nice sneaks, and the shoes are super cute, as is the shirt. I managed to nab some brown flats from JCPenney, but I struck out with their black shoes. I'm so bummed that my feet grew half a size and my old shoes don't fit :(

Have you had Wendy's frosty shakes? So incredibly good. They have all the tastiness of a frosty, but you can use a straw!

We went to a Barnes and Noble one time, and Matthew loved it so much he didn't want to leave. I don't think he wanted to read books though. He was psyched about the train set that was set up.

Steve and Eden said...

Ari looks adorable in all her gear!

Cute shoes!!

Olyvia loves B&N!! We go there all the time!