Wednesday, May 25, 2011

A burning ring of fire

Tony's latest home-improvement project... a fire pit in our backyard...




He's been talking about wanting to buy one, and I figured he meant a stand-alone one that we could put on our back patio or something. But this worked out even better. We had a spot in our yard where a tree had been removed, and no grass was growing there. So he dug it out a little, leveled off the ground, did some other stuff that I wasn't really paying attention to, and then bought this metal frame to enclose it. It really does look nice.


First order of business, of course, was to buy ingredients to make s'mores...




Ari doesn't like marshmallows... she just likes to roast them and then make other people eat them. I don't like them either, so Tony ended up eating several before he finally made her stop.


I tried taking a picture at night, but my phone takes crappy pictures in the dark. Oh well.


2 comments:

Mary said...

You have a firepit? I'm so jealous! I'm coming to your house to use it, cause I love smores!

Moz + Pam said...

Nice job & it looks nice!