Thursday, August 19, 2010

Pirate poses, and other pictures

Tony's sister and her family were here over the weekend, and on Monday, we took the kids to a nearby children's museum... the kind of place where there are all sorts of hands-on activities for the kids. They had a blast. And I have pictures.


Look at the way she has her hand curled around his arm... so sweet.



She cooked us a meal in the little kitchen area. I like the look of concentration on her face.



She's not smiling in this picture, but you can see the beginning of a smile on her face...



I hate that this picture came out blurry, but I'm keeping it because it cracks me up. She and her cousins were pretending to be pirates, and this was one of her mean pirate poses.



Ari and her cousin Michael doing pirate poses (with Uncle Mike in the background, getting a scarf ready for Taryn's head). Doesn't Michael look like he could be Ari's brother, rather than her cousin? (This pic may not be the best example, due to Ari's weird face...) Just further proof that Ari takes after her Daddy.



You know, I often joke that if I hadn't been there when she was born (ha ha), I would wonder if she was really my kid, because I think she looks nothing like me. But something about this picture, even though she's making a weird face, made me go, "Whoa. Maybe she IS my daughter after all."

2 comments:

Mary said...

We really need to take Matthew to one of those kinds of museums. I know he'd love it. And boy, Ari and Michael do look like they could be brother and sister.

Moz + Pam said...

Micah looks like Ari's brother as well! Cute pictures! :)