Sunday, February 14, 2010

I'll never finish loving you

I passed him a note in church today, being silly.

"Will you be my Valentine?" it read.

Underneath were two checkboxes, one marked "Yes" and one marked "No."

He took it from me and grinned. I saw his hand start moving--way too much movement for making a simple checkmark or an X.

"You're not allowed to write in your own answers," I hissed playfully into his ear, assuming he was writing something like "Maybe."

He handed it back to me, and I saw that he had indeed written in his own option.

It said, "Forever." With a big X in the box beside it.

It went along nicely with the card he gave me later in the afternoon.



Silly boy. I am the one who is lucky, not him.

Hope you all have had a lovely Valentine's Day.

XO

2 comments:

Mary said...

How sweet :)

I was telling Josh that I think it's so neat that after 10 years, you guys still write love notes to each other.

Moz + Pam said...

You're both Lucky!